- Get a full-year real-world updates on the economy
- Professionals and students in the international trade and investment field
Understand Bulgaria’s economy. Learn the analytical framework, indicators, and interpretations, plus real-world updates.
No Economics degree is needed. This course will introduce a framework used by our professional analysts in covering economies around the world. It will help you apply the framework to Bulgaria’s economy. Prepare to become an instant expert on the economy.
Participants should familiarize themselves with the framework to analyze the economy and be able to distinguish between the long view and the short view of economic development.
Participants should be able to ask specific questions related to the economic structure. They should be able to identify relevant theories/indicators that help answer each question.
- What is the size of Bulgaria’s economy?
- What is the size of Bulgaria’s population?
- Is the demographic structure favorable for economic growth?
- How has the structure of GDP changed over the years?
- How much does Bulgaria’s economy rely on external trade?
- Economic Freedom Index: How free is Bulgaria’s economy?
Participants should be able to define a country’s competitiveness, understand how the global competitiveness index is calculated, and identify relevant factors for monitoring.
- How competitive is Bulgaria?
- How are Bulgaria’s competitive factors compared to those of other countries?
- How is the minimum wage in Bulgaria compared to others in the region?
- How has labor productivity in Bulgaria changed over the years?
- Is it easy to do business in Bulgaria?
- How good is Bulgaria in attracting Foreign Direct Investment?
Participants should be able to determine the country’s level of development through various indicators such as per capita income, poverty rate, income distribution, unemployment, etc.
- What is the level of income for an average person in Bulgaria?
- What is the poverty rate in Bulgaria, and how does it compare to others?
- How has the unemployment rate in Bulgaria changed over recent years?
- How is income distributed in Bulgaria, and how does it compare to others?
- What is the current level of human development in Bulgaria?
- How has the quality of life changed over the years?
- How many SDG has Bulgaria achieved to date?
Participants should be able to know a few popular ways to calculate and compare growth internationally. They should also be able to determine the growth drivers for the economy.
- What has been a long-term trend in Bulgaria’s growth?
- What were the key growth drivers for Bulgaria’s economy in the last year?
- How much does each sector contribute to the overall growth?
- What is the GDP growth rate in the latest quarter?
- What are the latest signals from the leading indicators?
- What is the growth outlook for Bulgaria’s economy?
Participants should be able to identify key macro risks to the economy. They should be able to identify key indicators to monitor those risks.
- How early can the economy reopen from the Covid crisis?
- What is the risk of inflation over the next 12 months?
- What is the latest move on Bulgaria’s monetary policy?
- What is the health of Bulgaria’s banking sector?
- What has been the trend in Bulgaria’s fiscal budget deficit?
- Balance of Payment: Where are the key risks?
- Does Bulgaria have enough international reserves to cover debt and import?
- How has the currency performed compared to others?